Job Title: Committees and Administration Manager
Location: Home-based with some UK travel (mostly to the Midlands)
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 FTE
Start Date: January 2023
Permanent, 3-4 days per week, some flexible working possible
We are looking to recruit a collaborative and organised Committees and Administration Manager. Working with the CEO and Technical Manager, the post holder will be responsible for organising and supporting the effective delivery of the BCGA Committee meetings both face to face and virtually.
As well as supporting BCGA Committees, the post holder will also provide administrative support to the CEO and Technical Manager.
We are looking for a team player with administration experience. We’re particularly looking for anyone who has experience taking minutes, organising meetings or working on several projects simultaneously. An understanding of the industry would be beneficial but full training will be provided.
This role will require excellent organisational and accuracy skills along with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
You must be self-motivated and have the discipline to manage your own time and workload. Some travel will be required to attend face to face meetings and events, with up to 10-15 overnight stays a year.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide secretariat support for BCGA committee meetings, including minute writing
- Pro-actively manage committees to ensure actions are progressed
- Organise meeting dates and times, sending out invites, facilitate room bookings, and other administrative duties
- Maintaining lists of committee members
- Ad hoc admin duties such as research
- Organising webinars
- Drafting emails and content for events such as webinars etc.
- Updating various key documents such as membership forms
- Liaising on documentation relating to governance
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to take high quality minutes on technical topics
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at different levels of seniority from various professional backgrounds
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Excellent IT skills
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org