Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an infectious disease. It is having a huge impact on everybody, including the gases industry and BCGA members. BCGA has provided guidance and links to relevant Government websites. Government guidance is being regularly updated, and BCGA will continue to share key relevant information with members.
Please see below for the most up to date information from Government on various aspects of Coronavirus and the workplace:
- Social distancing and making your workplace COVID-19 secure
- Guidance on the NHS Test and Trace service for employers, businesses and workers
- Protecting home workers
- Coronavirus Job Retention scheme
- Coronavirus Travel Guidance
- Reporting coronavirus incidents under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- First Aid during COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacturing: Returning to work safely
- Managing risks and carrying out risk assessments at work
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE) at work
- Thorough examination and testing of pressure equipment
- Restarting workplace pressure systems on return to work
- Managing sites in scope of the Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations - COMAH
- Cleaning the workplace to reduce the risk from COVID -19
- Advice for the Freight Transport Industry
- Drivers and welfare facilities during the Covid-19 outbreak
- Safe transport guidance for Operators
BCGA have published a Coronavirus briefing document for members. The latest version can be found here.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are carrying out spot inspections to ensure all workplaces are COVID-19 secure, typically in areas where coronavirus cases continue to rise.
Alok Sharma, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy issued a letter thanking the manufacturing sector for their efforts during the Coronavirus pandemic. He says that: "Manufacturing is a critical part of our economy and I would like to be clear that there is no restriction on manufacturing continuing under the current rules."
The letter can be read in full here.
Be aware that criminals are using the pandemic as an opportunity for fraud and for accessing both personal and workplace data. Ensure you have adequate fraud and cyber security preventative measures in place.
If you require any further information from BCGA, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org